Re: [OM] Adrift

Subject: Re: [OM] Adrift
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:00:45 -0700

I've heard of this movie, but not the details.  I had thought that it was ......

The original book title:

"Red Sky In Mourning: The True Story of a Woman's Courage and Survival at Sea" Tami Oldham Ashcraft (with Susea McGearhart, Susea is another neighbor who helped with the book)

*Synopsis:*

Tami Oldham and her fiance Richard Sharp set sail from Tahiti, both excellent sailors, with a bright future ahead of them. Twenty days into their journey, they ran into a monumental hurricane, in which Richard was blown overboard. With the masts gone, the engine shot, and Richard dead, Tami overcame tremendous odds to navigate herself to safety. It took her 41 days. This is her story.

The book that came out with the movie is called "Adrift" (duh!) And the story is tarted up for the screen.

In the aftermath of the storm, Tami awakens to find Richard badly injured and their boat in ruins. With no hope for rescue, Tami must find the strength and determination to save herself and the only man she has ever loved.

Gets decent reviews but we're waiting for it to come out on Netflix.

Mike