[OM] First Juniper Hairstreak

Subject: [OM] First Juniper Hairstreak
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2018 22:24:14 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
They are uncommon and hard to spot--often high up in red cedars. I had never
seen one.  Went out special today on a quest with a new kit and was fortunate
enough to come across one and at eye level no less. She was
perhaps 1/2 inch across max.  Only one shot was good enough to use:

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-xgmr5h6/A

I think the CU diopter resulted in the IS  not working as well as usual.  If
raised the ISO to inc SS the flash/ambient was off.  T32 is OK on my other kit
but not optimal at high mag with PL 100-400 at 400mm with the Pentax
T132--distant background fools the auto mode and over exposes.  Desire to get
every part the B'fly in focus--likely need to stack for quiet one--I know it is
possible.  May have to listen to Moose and use an LED with higher SS though
always liked the flash to help freeze motion.

Still Chasin' em,  Mike