Re: [OM] Anchorage just like any other city

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage just like any other city
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 08:41:45 -0700
> From: Bob Benson <bob.benson91@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm afraid globalization is running amok.

And yet, we're content to have cheap, cheap prices on imports at Mall*Wart, and
to buy a camera made in China today, and get exactly the same model a bit
cheaper, made in Viet Nam, tomorrow. (Olympus is shutting down their China
facility, moving production to Viet Nam.)

On the flip side, the water and air in North America and Europe is much cleaner
than before we started exporting our manufacturing pollution to third-world
countries.

So is it any surprise when actual people from those countries where we send our
pollution clamour to live here?

I'm afraid we let the genie out of the bottle, and have to take the bad with
the good.

Jan