[OM] IMG: From My Kodak APS Days

Subject: [OM] IMG: From My Kodak APS Days
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 13:08:10 -0500
There was a period when I was very busy at work, and sought a simple solution to snapshots.  I picked up a Kodak APS camera at a pawn shop, and tried that system.  When the original camera failed, I contacted Kodak and they sent me a brand new one, free!

Here are a few images from that period, that might be of interest to aircraft fanatics.

The local Beechcraft Museum has some one-of-a-kind airplanes. This is a replica of the Travel Air R.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20071024-Travel+Air+R+Replica.JPG.html

This is a Lockheed P-38 Lightning.  As I recall, it crash-landed while returning to Texas.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20071024-Lockheed+P-38+Lightning.JPG.html

This is Grumman TBF Avenger.  My uncle was a gunner on one of these, and was killed during a Kamakazi attack on the carrier Franklin in the South Pacific.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20071024-Grumman+TBM-3E+Avenger+01.JPG.html

Nose Art was widely used to personalize aircraft during WWII. This B-25 Mitchell was no exception.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20071024-USAF+B-25+Mitchell.JPG.html

The Kodak APS system worked well, as long as there were labs to handle the cartridges.  I gather that the APS sensor size is a descendant of this design.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA