Re: [OM] Epsom P800 Update

Subject: Re: [OM] Epsom P800 Update
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:24:26 -0800
> The downside is that my light light black and my light vivid magenta
> cartridges are already warning that the ink is low.  A set of inks for this
> printer is over $500 :-(

Every two years or so I do a cost analysis on getting my own printer
vs. outsourcing. The break-even point is actually making sense to buy
the printer. The reason is that the outsourcing costs are continuing
to rise at an alarming rate. I'm not going to do any shows here this
year, but if I do next year, I'll certainly be printing my own.
Anything 8x10 and under is less expensive to outsource, but the larger
print costs are killing me. But the main factor is quality control.
I'm not getting consistent results or even predictable results with
outsourcing. The number of print sales that I'm making right now is
right at the threshold, but would require a lot of money to be tied up
in equipment and supplies. To recoup my cost of investment is about 24
months which is just on the edge of fiscal responsibility.

AG Schnozz