Re: [OM] DxO tits up ??

Subject: Re: [OM] DxO tits up ??
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 15:54:47 -0800
> I did my part, paying for the PhotoLab upgrade. Wasn't enough. We went out
> to dinner Saturday at a favorite restaurant. One reason it's a favorite is
> that it's never crowded. Of the places with food we like, it's our choice
> for Fri/Sat night. That did worry us, and rightly so. The owner came over to
> tell us this was its last night, after 17 years. Entropy's a bitch.

The opposite of Yogi Berra's quote: "Nobody goes there anymore. It's
too crowded."

One of my guilty pleasures is to watching "Bar Rescue", "Kitchen
Nightmares", and "Restaurant: Impossible". Not often, but if I need a
good laugh. The fact is that about 5% of all restaurants are what you
would call "successful". Most are barely making it, and some need to
die. The challenge is to identify the "need to die" category before
you order your meal.

Friends of ours just closed a restaurant here in Anchorage. They made
it go for five years and four of the five were a success. Year five
went downhill with a major change in customer habits. The crime
patterns changed in Anchorage and this location turned bad. Instead of
going broke, they walked away at the end of the lease. They changed
over to full-time catering and food truck. They'll ride that horse as
long as it makes sense. Smart people--they didn't die with the
restaurant.

AG