Re: [OM] Upcoming Exhibit.

Subject: Re: [OM] Upcoming Exhibit.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:45:48 -0700
On 4/13/2018 1:56 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
Honestly moose, the only thing you have that we don't is legal weed. We've got
art, fine food, and old hippies. And we now have Southwest so cheaper flights.

Water. Mountains. Redwoods. Stunning coast.
I live at 1,000', with the SF Bay at sea level visible.

More, some better, food options, I'll bet. The likelihood of Indian food nearly as good as Ajanta within 300 miles . . . Got a Chilean restaurant? Himalayan, closer than Louisville?

More art, although I won't claim better. :-)

Regional theater that regularly sends shows to on and off Broadway. Subscriber since '83. Angels in America, running in a " flat-out fabulous revival" on Broadway at the moment, finishes out this year's season, with the original director of the debut 26 years ago as a cap to his 20 years at Berkeley Rep. Mary Zimmerman's Metamorphoses, one of the most magical pieces of theater I've ever experienced, returns next year. Plus world premiers, etc. Yowsa!

Family, friends, connections. Retreats in magical places. We spent a weekend retreat in the Pigeon Point Lighthouse last month. We spent nights in the desert at Mojave and Borrego Springs and in the Cleveland nat forest a couple of weeks ago. We'll spend four days singing in the redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains next month. And so on.

I don't care about the weed, and old hippies are scarce on the ground here. They've either assimilated or been driven away by cost of living.

The factors that make a place "work" for any person are mysterious. I've been to KC a couple of times. Nice enough place, but I can't imaging being happy living there. Omaha was boring. But when we moved out, one manager we offered a promotion elsewhere said no way. He was from the West Coast, had found His Place and was as happy as pig in clover there. (Raising pigs and other livestock on his ranchette.)

Well over 70 years in, this is still My Place. It took Carol from Brooklyn through Boston and Maine to find Her Place here. Next year, who knows? :-D

Nestled In Moose