Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE specia

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Chinese New Year celebrations in Chiang Mai - MOOSE special ; -)
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 14:16:57 -0400
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Spacious Moose writes:
<<There are lots of sites that have gallery software that's easy to use, I just
don't know much, anything about them. SmugMug <<looks good. I'm thinking of
going there for a Bhutan gallery, to allow browsing by keyword, etc.

One thing good about smugmug other than the customizability of the galleries is
the dynamic sharpening based on display size using the Lanczos algorithm which
though computational intensive is superior to most.  One can change the overall
sharpening in a gallery but as long as an image is not manipulated within the
gallery using the editing tools it keeps the previous sharpening--thus each
image can have its own setting if needed.  One thing not so good is that one
has one color space sRGB--take it or leave it ---as it will convert on upload.
Even an iphone-7 has a wider color gamut---DCI-P3. It is not quite the same as
a-RGB but very close.  Why that fruit company would need a proprietary color
space, I don't know.  Smugmug ought to be pestered about this again.

Restricted gamut, Mike