Re: [OM] Scans R Us

Subject: Re: [OM] Scans R Us
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:48:55 -0400
Ken:

As you use Vuescan, one way to speed up the scanning is to set the preview resolution to the desired resolution (say 4000 dpi) and then simply save the preview, if you're not doing that already. The scan quality is the same as the 'final' scan at matching resolutions. I did this and checked the resulting files and they are identical.

I got this tip from the person who serviced my LS 50. Not only is it quicker, it also saves wear and tear on the machine as it doesn't have to scan a second time. As I remember (I don't have VS on my computer here),  you can play with all the scan settings and automate how VS saves the scan, as you would do with the final scan.

Martin