Re: [OM] Lexar 2000x cards

Subject: Re: [OM] Lexar 2000x cards
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 16:06:09 -0700
I was so impressed with the Lexar 64 GB 2000x card (and the included UHS II card reader), and lost one Delkin 1900x somewhere on our Bhutan trip, that I went looking for another.

As Lexar is now out of that business, I found them only on the 'Bay, at somewhat to wildly inflated prices. Adorama showed "out of stock", rather than the "discontinued" of B&H and others, so I ordered one, for the old price of $94.82.

After weeks, and a few reminder emails from them of the back order, I just got a notice that it has shipped! A check shows they have them in stock again as well as 32 and 128 GB. Now $120 for 64 GB, but way cheaper than elsewhere. Apparently, they tapped into a stash.

Micron sold the Lexar brand to Chinese company Longs. WD has acquired SanDisk and folks from both Lexar and SanDisk have started up a new card company. While that all settles out, anyone wanting a really fast SD UHS  card might want to check these out.

Flash Moose