[OM] Schnozz-B&B

Subject: [OM] Schnozz-B&B
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:40:25 -0800
So, we took a look at a different place to rent. As the crow flies,
it's only 1.4 miles from where we live now, but it's actually up the
valley a bit more and higher up the mountainside. It's on 1.5 acres of
land between switchback 2 and 3. Easily accessible and not so far up
that winter is too much of a problem.

It's a modified A-frame style house with two stories of glass,
balconies, hot-tub, open floor plan, fireplace, yada yada yada... It's
far enough up that it gets far more winter sun than we get where we
are at. Instead of two months without sun, it should be only a couple
of weeks. It's also right off of the road that takes us up to the
valley and to the state park. The lot itself is also pretty
private--you can see a couple of the neighbor houses in the winter,
but otherwise it's just you and the wild critters.

Why this place is of major interest has to do with this list. There
are guest quarters (bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom) over the garage.
It's a perfect AirB&B type of situation. It's got Zuikofests, and
awesome travel hangout written all over it.

Unfortunately, the rent is a little higher than what we are currently
spending, but it's larger and in a far higher-end neighborhood. And
it's got guests written all over it. It really wouldn't take too many
nights of AirB&B to pay for itself a few times over. And my wife is
inspired to host a few of her retreats there too as it is right in
line with what she had envisioned years ago.

With all the trees, you don't get totally unobstructed views of the
mountains, but what you lack there, you make up in every other aspect.
And it's only four minutes from the park. (The unobstructed views
require a bit more travel up the mountain road and there are a slew of
issues with those houses).

Just a thought.

AG Schnozz