Re: [OM] 20mm f2 and Lieberkuhn Lighting [was Re: Ebay 20% off sale Mar

Subject: Re: [OM] 20mm f2 and Lieberkuhn Lighting [was Re: Ebay 20% off sale Mar 9]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 12:10:47 -0700
On 3/15/2018 11:19 AM, Jan Steinman via olympus wrote:
Now wait just a second, there… I quickly took the venerable Moose’s word as
fact, but upon examining my 38 and 20, I see that, if the central protrusion were eliminated,
the filter threads WOULD fit a standard 49mm filter.

I too took his word for it - but he was WRONG!

So I’m moving ahead with my idea, using a 49mm wide-angle lens hood, painted
flat white inside.

The 18/3.5 hood is, in fact, slightly concave, which is good. OTOH, the inner surface is ribbed, like all good hoods, which is not good for this use. I would probably line it with Al foil. Then it's still useful for its original purpose.

Chagrined Moose