Re: [OM] Test Driving

Subject: Re: [OM] Test Driving
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 07:57:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I sorely miss the cable release feature of film cameras.  I got frustrated
to the point where I made a fixture for the E-500/510/520 to enable using the
cable release.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/7368651544/

     Although it worked okay it was a bit bulky to carry round, so I dug out
the simple RM-2 infrared shutter release and got familiar with it.  That took a
while, but in the end I found it to be usable, the only shortcoming being that
I cannot press it lightly to raise the mirror and then fully press it to
release the shutter.

     So, I went and bought another RM-2 on evilBay, and the seller sent me a
half dozen instead of just the one I paid for.  I guess they had been sitting
around for too long and he wanted to get rid of them.

>2. X-T2. I want to love this camera. Everything from the cable-release
>to the traditional controls say that this is the camera to love in
>every regard.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson