Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2018: two facets of a long day in Bulgaria

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 21/2/2018: two facets of a long day in Bulgaria
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 11:04:46 -0800
> Are there any opinions about the use of variable neutral density filters,

Once in a rare while I've been known to stack polarizers...

If I were to get a ND filter, I would be the following 10-stop B+W filter:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/752928-REG/B_W_1066186_77mm_110_Solid_Neutral.html

For general purpose darkening, so you can use a wider aperture, you
can get a 2 or 3 stop filter that will do pretty good, but the hazard
is that all ND filters were cause color-shift issues. Personally, if a
common polarizer isn't enough, then I probably should use a different
lens.

AG