Re: [OM] Ebay 20% off sale Mar 9

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay 20% off sale Mar 9
From: Jan Steinman via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:14:54 -0700
Cc: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Let us know what you get out of the 20/2, Moose!

I’ve been unsuccessful with it. It focuses too close for ring lights, although
I’ve been able to side-light flat surfaces (stamps, coins) with twin lights.

It seems designed for Lieberkuhn illumination. The limited number of Olympus
ones that were made have all disappeared onto the shelves of collectors.

There’s a guy who manufactures white plastic 49mm Lieberkuhn reflectors with a
20mm focal length with a 3D printer (let me know if you want the link). They
are reasonable, about $7 plus an equal amount of shipping, but I haven’t been
inspired yet.

I’m in the process of modifying an 18/3.5 hood for the purpose. I’m going to
take off the cylindrical bit with the 72mm threads, then paint the inside flat
white.

With proper illumination and focus bracketing, the 20/2 should do wonders, but
I just haven’t found a practical way to harvest those wonders, so far.

Jan