Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 112, Issue 20

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 112, Issue 20
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 17:04:38 -0400

From: "William Sommerwerck" <grizzledgeezer@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Is that Presidents' Day or President's Day?

Presidents' Day -- possessive -- a day related to two or more Presidents

Pedant here. Well, I would say that was a day OWNED by two or more Presidents.
:-)

...........I would say that was a day DEDICATED to two or more presidents.

In fact I would say that was a day DEDICATED to all past presidents and to the incumbent in office on the calendar day in question.

Now on the day just gone by would US bridge parties be playing trumps or no trumps :-)

jh

:::: Four multinational companies control over seventy percent of fluid milk sales in
the U.S... These giants have grown through debt-fueld acquisitions and mergers and by
keeping payments to dairy farmers as low as possible. -- Ron Schmid
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Ron+Schmid>
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::