[OM] Mixed WB (Another reason I love digital.) [was About time]

Subject: [OM] Mixed WB (Another reason I love digital.) [was About time]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:43:01 -0800
On 2/19/2018 1:48 PM, Moose wrote:
On 2/19/2018 12:13 PM, Philippe wrote:
Last time I tried to fiddle with WB, the jpegs were a messy mix of colours.
Fortunately I had also shot  them raw, which saved my shoot and day.

Philippe, a raw addict.

For me, JPEGs just clog up the cards and disks. If I should want a JPEG, Viewer 3 or the Panny Silkypix will create just what the camera would have.

Just processing some pix from last week, when I ran across a great example of one of the advantages of shooting digital. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Process/MixedWBconversion/MixWB.htm>

Just a grab shot when we went out for our Valentines Day dinner. A throw away, but for the combination of tungsten WB inside and sunset cloud colors out the windows. The sky is awful one way, indoors awful the other. One conversion with Tungsten settings and one with Daylight, stack, mask, and all is correct.

This restaurant in Mendocino (AKA Cabot's Cove, Maine) used to be named Moose's, so of course I've eaten there several times over the years. ;-)  Now called Trillium, but the food's still good, so I don't hold that against them.

In the Raw Moose