Re: [OM] OT: Wifi Hackers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Wifi Hackers
From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 18:17:08 +0000
In any location with unsecured WiFi I use a VPN to prevent other stations "listening in" to traffic from my laptop. I'm not sure if that would help in Chris' case. I depends on how the hacking is taking place.

The box pointed out by Steve is interesting. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 (with HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro) in my living room as a Squeezebox player. The WiFi reception on it is really poor though. I have tried the in-built WiFi, a USB dongle and a USB dongle with external aerial - all without success. I'm looking for some king of bridge that would pick up the signal from my Netgear access point and route it over Cat 5 cable into the Raspberry's wired Ethernet socket. Perhaps the Ravpower would work.

Mike