[OM] Nathan's PAD 10/1/2018: me, trying to sit still for 5 minutes

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 10/1/2018: me, trying to sit still for 5 minutes
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 09:11:25 +0100
In what has become a January tradition, my friend Lars from Denmark is visiting
me this week. As usual, we are indulging in our various shared passions,
including cycling, photography and Belgian beer. Lars is both a better cyclist
and photographer than me, and he always comes with a new project. This time it
is one he calls “take 5”; basically, he picks interesting locations, puts his
camera on a tripod, sits down on a portable stool and makes a 5 minute exposure
(obviously, using appropriate ND filters to make this possible). The results
can be quite interesting, depending on the moving and non-moving elements in
the image. Yesterday afternoon, we drove to a secluded beach near Villajoyosa,
and Lars made a couple of selfies in this manner, and also a couple of photos
of me, one of which is this one:

http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-5jSrWQc/A

As is obvious from this image, sitting still for 5 minutes is not easy,
especially with a strong wind blowing at you.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain