Re: [OM] Where to sign?

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to sign?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 10:58:19 -0800
> From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Would printing the signature as part of the printing process be infra dig?

Don’t even go there. So tacky.

Even Kinkade signed his own “enhanced prints,” after sending them to India to
have Indian artists apply a few brush strokes to the prints for pennies an hour.

The nice thing about the opaque paint markers is that they have a noticeably
raised profile, giving a Kinkade-esque uniqueness to each print.

> From: Mike Bloor <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I used to choose frames very carefully to complement the picture. Whenever
> I?ve seen one of my pictures in someone?s house it?s normally been reframed -
> often in a style that is the very opposite of ?less is more?.

I used the Henry Ford approach: you could have whatever colour you wanted, as
long as it was black. :-)

Of course, with my unique medium, I had a reason for black.

I did use complementary, hand-made wooden frames for larger prints, but those
were under 1% of sales. Once you used a black Sharpie on the corner joining
hardware, black channel frames looked reasonably good from either side, but I
had to design and make blind-fastener frame moulding for larger prints.

I was rather proud of these, thinking they were a significant value
enhancement. No fasteners visible anywhere, except for the tiny cable-gripper
sticking out the top, within which the hanging wires attached in an easily
adjustable manner. The market disagreed. :-(

:::: A man is caught in a flood. As the waters are rising the neighbors invite
him to get in their boat. He says no, he is waiting for the Lord to rescue him.
As the waters rise even higher he sees a raft floating by... he thinks of
jumping on it, yet decides no, he will wait for the Lord to rescue him. Later,
as he sits on the roof of his house (the only spot which is not under water), a
helicopter comes by and throws him down a rope ladder so he can come on board.
His answer? No, I'm waiting for the Lord to rescue me. The man drowns and finds
himself face to face with his maker. He is upset! "Lord I was waiting for you
to rescue me, and you didn't show." The Lord's answer? "I sent you a boat, a
raft, and a helicopter. What else did you want?" -- Marie T. Russell
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Marie+T.+Russell>
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/> ::::