[OM] Oddball solution to reduce long exposure noise

Subject: [OM] Oddball solution to reduce long exposure noise
From: Michael Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 22:15:59 -0500
Cc: Michael Gordon <usher99@xxxxxxx>
 Cool as a Moose writes:

The old is new again. My first digicam, 1.9 MP Canon S110, has a rubber covered
hole in the battery door, and a dummy battery available to externally power it.
I seem to recall I've had other older digis with that.(?)
I wondered if the early Canons and a lot of P&Ss with no mass didn't come in
silver to lower heat load in the sun. I put two cameras in the sun for a few
minutes; the silver one was much cooler.
Seems attractive to me but may be less so for other cams.
Sounds like a useful solution. --

Hmm,
Had no clue about that history except the color issue.  Not an expensive thing
to try.
Sonnie has a four battery gizmo that does the same for a few hundred.
Moose are indeed very cool and have seen signs to prove it-- an OM2 shot:

https://tinyurl.com/ybnltwlu

Down to teens here soon.
Too cool, i.e. frozen, Mike