Re: [OM] Uggh - E-M5 problems

Subject: Re: [OM] Uggh - E-M5 problems
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 13:55:52 -0800
On 12/7/2017 1:06 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
So, my E-M5 has been reliable all along.

Sounds like it still is. It's an accessory that's gone wrong, no?

Then the knurled cap on the
selector wheel on the battery grip popped off, and Olympus told me that
they wouldn't sell me one, I would have to send the grip in for servicing,
so a 50 cent snap-on part would end up costing me $70 or more plus postage.

Today, the thumb grip broke off. There are two little screws or something
from inside the camera into a couple of molded-in bosses, and those just
fractured. I'm sure that will require a $300 service call, so I'm
considering just cleaning the area really well and filling the back of the
grip with epoxy and just sticking it on.

KEH has the whole thing for $99-139, depending on condition. <https://www.keh.com/shop/olympus-micro-4-3-olympus-hld-6-power-battery-holder-includes-6g-grip-6p-pack-om-d-e-m5-219669.html>

B&H has three for slightly more. <https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/used/842943/?c3api=1876%2C72118895162%2C&gclid=CjwKCAiA6qPRBRAkEiwAGw4SdoT-7S6LvaqnwG4ZSIiS0xEU2E6EZL2HvMhD82e0EcICYvMtaurutxoCfAcQAvD_BwE>

If it's only the top part that is broken, there are several of those (HLD-6G) available for well under $100 on the 'Bay. <https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=hld-6g&ul_noapp=true>

Personally, I'd sell the unbroken part and throw the other away . . . ;-)

Shopping Slave Moose