Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 3 ; ver 2.3

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Viewer 3 ; ver 2.3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:07:38 -0800
On 11/29/2017 6:49 AM, Mike Bloor wrote:
John

I think Vuescan can do that for you if you tell it to “scan from disk”.

I was thinking that might be true, or a job for FastStone's Batch Image
Convert/Rename (F3).

Just saved a nice landscape .ORF file from ACR/PS as 16 bit, grayscale TIFF and
tried converting to JPEG in both.

FastStone made a JPEG that looks identical on screen to the TIFF.

VueScan did the conversion, but tonal distribution was different, lighter overall. I diddled with settings and got closer, maybe even nicer, but couldn't see the point of trying further with the point being an accurate conversion.

FastStone's conversion facility is an excellent batch process. Select your
input files and let it go.

Unless there's some problem with the TIFFs John has, FastStone is the winner.

Lab Moose