[OM] Olympus Viewer 3 ; ver 2.3

Subject: [OM] Olympus Viewer 3 ; ver 2.3
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:30:39 -0400

I have used Olympus Viewer 3, ver 2.3 to automatically generate JPEG images from large runs of TIFF images of both 35mm colour negatives and slides. The TIFF files were generated by a film scanner.

However, the same Olympus Viewer refuses to generate JPEG images from black and white TIFF images whether they originated from C41 or traditional film.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomena and if so is there a work around to make Olympus Viewer 3 black and white JPEG friendly?

If not, is there a program I could use in place of Olympus Viewer to automatically generate black and white JPEG images from black and white TIFF files?

I have too many B&w TIFFs to do the JPEGs one by one in PhotoShop.

jh