Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 21:03:59 -0800
On 11/18/2017 7:39 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
So these are the add-ons that I used frequently and are now missing. Most with no acceptable alternative. At least that I've been able to find so far.

{snip baker's dozen indispensible add-ons}

Another annoyance is the rectangular tabs as opposed to the old rounded ones and the poor color contrast between the active tab and the background tabs. My visual acuity isn't what it once was so sometimes I close out the wrong tab. Maybe there is a setting somewhere that I'm missing or it's buried in the about:config menus. Maybe a different theme...  I've played around with the tab settings and the newtab settings to get something that I can live with.

As have I. And at the moment, they don't seem right - but in a few hours, I
won't notice.

Also still looking for the about:config settings for the bookmarks toolbar favicon size and spacing. The new ones are bigger so my bookmarks which were once visible now scroll off the edge.

Life is too short to have to fart around with this crap @#$%

Mozilla's problem is simple, FireFox is rapidly declining into irrelevancy, as Chrome conquers theworld. <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers#/media/File:StatCounter-browser-ww-monthly-200901-201707.png>

Whether correctly or not, they have concluded that speed, overhead and perhaps looks are what's killing them. So, it's find a solution or find a new job. So . . . they rewrote the core to make it lighter on its feet - and is does seem to be.

For us, it's either get used to the new FF and hope others do - or get used to a different browser entirely. The option of status quo doesn't exist.

instead of reading about the latest idiotic (scary) thing our dear POTUS has
been spewing. ;)

Ergo, it's saving you from a health hazard, and you should be thankful. :-)

Tabular Moose