Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware the new Firefox!!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:46:39 -0800
On 11/17/2017 7:56 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
None of my add-ons work any more and there doesn't seem to be any replacements available yet. I get a page which lists my disabled add-ons with a button to find replacements...but there aren't any! the add-on search now sucks. The tabs don't re-size correctly any more, they scroll off the edge. And there is no way to restore the settings for the original "new tabs" that I was using for my homepage. (Try about:newtabs in the old version) And I can't get rid of the junk on that new page that I don't want. I had set the size and rows/columns to my liking but now all lost. My bookmarks are there but the size and layout is gone from the toolbar. Aaarg!

Hmmmm . . . My copy just automatically updated. Can't say it's as bad for me as
that. In fact, not bad at all.

First of all, as advertised, it's noticeably faster.

Over the years, I've backed off of add-ons, as they've not been updated or because I don't want potential security holes. The only one I lost is FXIF, which is a loss, indeed. I, and probably countless others, have emailed the FXIF guy about this.

My browser tabs do resize - a bit too small for my taste. I always have too many open, so they always have spilled over. That's what the down caret on the far right, "List All Tabs", is for. ;-)

The New Tabs page is different, but not hopeless. Click on "edit", above the top right, to get rid of the Pocket and Highlights sections, if you wish, and go to two lines. For more than two lines enter "*about:config* into the Firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named *browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesCount*. double-click it and change its value to *24* or some other multiple of 6."

If you want it to look like before, in about:config, search for "browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.enabled" and double click on the "default" in the Status column, which changes Value to "false". Restart, and it's back. In my case, with all the old entries intact

I have no idea what you are saying about bookmarks. I have them on the side,
and they haven't changed.

New Tricks Moose