Re: [OM] IMG: Tomorrow's Task

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Tomorrow's Task
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2017 00:22:04 +0000
I had to sweep up some Bougainvilla blossoms the other day, and we have a
bumper crop of Mexican Fan Palm seeds (about the size of a pea, and of
comparable hardness to tungsten carbide) this year, but they're in our
common area over our back wall, so I'm not gonna bother with them unless
some end up on the patio. And the birds got all the Sahuaro fruits before
me (damn it, I was gonna use 'em to make some yummy stuff!) so those aren't
an issue, either.

Yep. Yardwork is a nightmare in the fall in Baja.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 3:33 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 11/10/2017 11:10 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> > The final Autumn task is upon me.  The leaves are now on the ground. My
> neighbor has cleared my leaves from her yard.
> > Now, I have to do my part.  Between oak, poplar and maple trees, the
> entire front is heavily covered.  I've been
> > waiting for them to dry out as much as possible before spending half a
> day on my tractor, mulching them for the Winter.
>
> I hope you have fun with that. My brother-in-law Frank looks so blissful
> as he drives around their big back yard on his
> tractor/mower/mulcher. He's an avid fly fisherman, but I've not seen him
> doing that. I can't imagine he could look much
> happier than riding his tractor, though. :-)
>
> They live near Boston, so lots of leaves in the fall. I imagine his are
> already dealt with, as they've already had at
> least one big storm and snow can't be far off, if it isn't already there.
>
> Fallen Moose
>
> --
> --
>
> --