Re: [OM] IMG: An Older Leica Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: An Older Leica Lens
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 13:11:46 -0400
Those old lenses are worth their weight in gold!!  They have their own look
that really has nothing to do with digital.  I love your Painted Lady.
It's a pain to use the old lenses - they are heavy, manual focus, not
nearly as easy as digital, auto-focus plastic lenses, but as your photos
show, it's worth the trouble!!

Tina

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Years ago, I purchased an older Leica lens from a former LUG member in
> Nashville.  It is a 1980 Telyt-R 250/4, a generation earlier than the APO
> lenses.  Tina's shots yesterday with Ted's great lens prompted me to drag
> out the 250 and visit the butterflies.  I mounted it on an old Star D
> tripod and took it out to the Buddleia bush.  Here are my favorites.
>
> Painted Lady:
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170914-DSCF5045.JPG.html
>
> Monarch:
>
> http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20170914-DSCF5067.JPG.html
>
> View them LARGE if you like.
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated.
>
> --
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> --