Re: [OM] Advice wanted - catching up on the last 10 years

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice wanted - catching up on the last 10 years
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 10:06:44 -0700
> From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> On 9/12/2017 8:14 AM, Frank wrote:
>> The killer feature of the E-M1 II would be 'pro capture' for me.

> ... Would PCap Mode have upped my
> chance of a winner, or just given me 84 images to go through, instead of six?

My thoughts, as well. I try to spend as little time in post as possible, and I
hate filling up my disk almost as much as I hate going through 87 images and
throwing away 86. So with “excessive imigitis,” I tend to fill up my disk, then
go overboard in deleting stuff, then having regrets.

So my preferred mode is the slow, careful shot of the sniper, not the careless
spray of the machine-gunner.

I played with ProCap a bit, but I don’t really do action photography very
often. I can see how it would be useful to an action photographer.

As far as I can tell, the much-lauded 60 frames a second is only for ProCap,
before the exposure. Otherwise, sequential speed is limited to something like
15 fps. So it carries the assumption that you’ll be late to the trigger. It
doesn’t really do ANYTHING useful (over simple sequential shooting) if you are
early!