Re: [OM] Advice wanted - catching up on the last 10 years

Subject: Re: [OM] Advice wanted - catching up on the last 10 years
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:17:16 -0700
<<<Press another for multi point focus with C-AF+TR; press it again to go back
to single AF point and single AF. It's simply quicker and easier than spinning the dial
back and forth.

Agreed, but will configure the new Oly as best I can.

Shouldn't be so bad - you don't have built-in reflexes to retrain. :-)

I had to look up TR and it is a nice feature--perhaps you use that for flying
critters?

I mean to . . .

For moving people perhaps keep it sing AF point though it will follow the point
automagically.

My impression was that it worked with multi-AF points by tracking the subject through movement in the frame - but I really have no idea. Ah, Oly says:

"C-AF tracking sequential shooting performance has been boosted to roughly 5 fps. Used in combination with group AF, this enables the camera to shoot at 5 fps while tracking and focusing on the subjects in an area. It can also be used for RAW sequential shooting right up until the card is full*. This allows you to use sequential shooting with no decreases in the shot frame count or pauses in shooting. *When Using [] UHS-II SD card."

So it doesn't seem one can track with single point set? I've never used Group
AF. Experimentation may be in order.

There IS Eye Priority C-AF for subjects who don't turn away from the camera. <http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/product/dslr/em5mk2/feature6.html>

Confuse A. Moose