Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Irma Update

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hurricane Irma Update
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 08:32:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     This excerpt from the 1100 AST forecast discussion is not the least bit
comforting:

"...A peak SFMR wind of 154 kt was reported, with a few others of 149-150 kt.
Based on these data the initial intensity is set at 155 kt for this advisory.
This makes Irma the strongest hurricane in the Atlantic basin outside of the
Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico in the NHC records."

     Sounds like we're in for a helluva ride.

>     NHC just posted their latest forecast, showing Irma passing through
>the Florida Strait into the Gulf of Mexico.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson