Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/8/2017: my tribute to Barcelona

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 17/8/2017: my tribute to Barcelona
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 12:20:51 -0400
Thanks, Nathan. A good and welcome reminder of the mixed world we live in. Just over a month ago, for several days, Karen and I were walking the very section of Las Ramblas that was affected; individuals, couples, families, the usual mix you'd expect, strolling up and down the tree-lined central space. But... also members of Mossos d'Esquadra (the Catalan police force) in various locations along the way, machine guns at the ready, and more waiting in their armoured vehicles. Even with that, though, how can you prevent what happened?

Michael