Re: [OM] IMG: Eclipse dry run

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Eclipse dry run
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 06:40:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Here's mine:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/7344944140/in/photolist-dJcbZS-cc3KZW

     The telescope proper is a Tasco 60mm refractor.  The two "paddles" are
made of 1/8" (3mm) plywood, each attached to a collar made from aluminum bar.
The rod is a piece of 3/4" electrical conduit.  The focusing tube passes
through the shading paddle.  A piece of white card stock is held to the
projection paddle with clips.

>Today I made a solar disc "projector" out of a pair of cheap binoculars,
>a couple of pieces of cardboard, a tripod and a music stand.  All stuff
>I had lying around the house.  This should cover the partial phase of
>the eclipse next week.  I am not going to make any serious effort to
>photograph totality.  I know myself.  If I start messing with the
>camera, I'll miss a good portion of the totality trying to photograph
>it.  I'd rather experience the wonder and look at the photos of
>better-equipped folks afterwards.
>
>Here's my setup.
>
>Side view:
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8140232.jpg.html>
>Sun-side view.  You can just see a piece of the solar disc at far right:
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8140233.jpg.html>
>A better view of the projection. The solar disc is partially "eclipsed"
>by my neighbor's Douglas Fir tree.
><http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P8140234.jpg.html>

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson