Re: [OM] Ladies Love Liatris

Subject: Re: [OM] Ladies Love Liatris
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 21:49:46 -0500
I see nothing to complain about with this one. It looks very good. That is an area I have never investigated, but I can imagine a lot of interacting variables with macro flash.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Thanks, Jim.  Hazy indirect light and IMO the colors don't pop in those
conditions. In my hands  such images  don't respond optimally to PP, so very
much like fill flash. The T32 was used with a 3 stop ND filter which just
provides enough time for the quench signal to allow for proper exposure at
macro distances.
I could have turned it down a  stop.  Flash auto mode for macro is a bit tough
as results can be variable depending on the background and the AOV of the auto
sensor.
I usually take a trial shot and adjust but don't always have the luxury.  I
prefer perfect off axis natural warm light, but can't always order it up at the
right time.

Mike