Re: [OM] virus & malware protection

Subject: Re: [OM] virus & malware protection
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 11:04:12 +0100
John, John, that isn't an "article" in the sense of a piece of independent
journalism, and it isn't "freeware" in the sense of free software which can
perform useful functions. Read the small print at the footer:

promotion for a FREE Scanguard security scan using their advanted
antimalware engines, in order to use the advanced features you must upgrade
to a premium plan.

You can review Scanguard's terms & conditions by clicking here or contact
them by clicking here.

THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND NOT AN ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE, BLOG, OR CONSUMER
PROTECTION UPDATE.

Emphasis as in original!

Why would you want to trust an unknown piece of demoware, which we can
assume will inevitably diagnose huge security risks on your PC as a bait to
buy into the paid-for "premium plan", when there are som many alternatives
available, independently reviewed and assessed over many years, many at nil
cost?

No, I have never heard of this software, nor its producer, which in itself
is a warning flag for me. If you insist, I will look for a suitable
bargepole with which you could touch it!

Piers