Re: [OM] wtd: mirrorless body for mostly zuiko love

Subject: Re: [OM] wtd: mirrorless body for mostly zuiko love
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:47:05 -0700
On 7/28/2017 9:35 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
   I will second that, Piers. KEH is outstanding.

I agree. I've bought a lot of stuff from them over many years. I recall returning one item not because of their grading, but because the unused appearing item didn't perform the way I had anticipated. No hassle, I had to pay return shipping. Free returns on defective. I seem to think that in the deep past I returned something else, but don't recall the details.

Their grading is very conservative. Bargain means you can tell it's used, but it's not beat up and is fully functional. EX+ means I can't tell it's used, and so on.

I've also sold stuff through them. I may get less than a private sale, but the
hassle factor is so much lower.

I order from them any time them have what I'm looking for at a good price. You do have to check prices. An Oly 12/2.0 refurb lens from Oly with one of their occasional 20% off offers was cheaper than KEH recently, for example. But mostly, their prices are fair.

The reliability of Eb*y is "up there" with the average gas station holdup.

I wouldn't have put it quite that far down, but KEH is a big step above, for used gear. B&H and Adorama are also reliable for used gear, but their stock is thin.

Used Moose