Re: [OM] Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 09:09:27 -0500
I'm mostly healed up (pun not intended) from a severe bout of Planter
Fasciitis. I had it in both feet at the same time, but far worse in my
left foot. In the research I did, I found a couple of potential causes
in my case as well as treatments and aids.

What likely aggravated mine (cause is a mystery, but there are
triggers that can turn it on) is a pair of running shoes that were too
stiff through the arch-support area and forced all the bending at the
ball of the foot. Long story short, I had to throw away an otherwise
perfectly fine pair of expensive running shoes.

I switched off to two entirely different types of footwear. The hiking
boots, which are really stiff soled, but provided significant foot and
ankle bracing and multiple pairs of running shoes that all bend evenly
from heal to toe. I actually ended up buying three entirely different
pairs of shoes and two different arch-supports, Dr Shoals thingies, as
well as continuing to use my custom orthodics. On any given day or
even hour, my feet would demand a different shoe-support combination.
I was constantly switching them around.

Healing takes about a year whether you do everything you can to heal
up fast or just let it be. Miserable thing it is. I normally walk or
jog 3-5 miles a day and that came to a screeching halt when I could
barely hobble to the bathroom.

Needless to say, my photography did suffer.

AG Schnozz