Re: [OM] Eyes

Subject: Re: [OM] Eyes
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 08:00:04 -0400
Thanks, Moose.  We are not usually sick, either, which is what makes all of
this so hard!  All of a sudden everything is falling apart.  I think I'll
feel much better when I get off of the antibiotic.

Tom is doing much better.  I feel guilty because he's doing all of my usual
farm chores but the kids say that I took care of him while he was sick so
now it's his turn!  I had to teach him how to turn on the dishwasher
yesterday!

Thanks for thinking of us.

Tina

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/24/2017 4:17 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> Well, I went for my eye exam today and it turns out that I have cataracts!
>> No wonder I can't see.  They have never seen any evidence of cataracts in
>> my eyes before but, all of a sudden, I have cataracts ready for surgery.
>>
>> Now that I've turned 71, my whole body is falling apart.  I have Plantar
>> Fasciitis so bad I can't put any weight on my foot and am walking very
>> slowly with a cane.  I'll be seeing that doctor next week.  I have to
>> cancel a planned trip to Savannah this week-end because I can't walk.
>>
>> I'm taking a strong antibiotic to kill the bugs I picked up in Syria and
>> that's got the rest of my body messed up.
>>

> Yowsa! Sorry to hear about these ailments. At least the eyes are fully
> fixable. For my mom, it was simple and fully effective.
>
> Plantar Fasciitis is a little odd, at our age; peak years are 40-60. I
> hope you find a good treatment.
>
> Sorry about the bugs, not entirely unexpected, where you went, no? I
> really dislike antibiotics. I started a prophylactic course when I had oral
> surgery a while ago. Within hours, I was sicker than this last, real
> illness. A different antibiotic, and all I felt was weird, off, for 10 days
> - yuck.
>
> I never get sick. Carol gets a cold; I get an itchy throat for a few
> hours, and so one. But this one got me a couple of days after it got her.
> It's been 9-10 days of congestion, coughing, endless coughing, slightly
> achy, some headache, fuzzy head and no energy.
>
> Now that I hear about your ailments, I'll just be thankful that mine seems
> to finally be over.
>
> Hope it all starts looking up soon! How's Granddad Tom doing?
>

> Barking Moose
>
> --
> --

Tina Manley