Re: [OM] It's Official

Subject: Re: [OM] It's Official
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 11:47:10 -0500
> While I hold a fondness for simple country folk, I agree, it would be tough
> moving to a place that voted “T."

Just barely. It's a swing state and it could have gone either way. But
when one of the two candidates showed up and could barely get 200
people to a rally, you've got a problem. A very serious problem. And
it started with the caucus when the Iowa Democratic Party leadership
did everything possible to lie, cheat and steal it from Bernie. There
was a HUGE, and I mean HUGE turnout for Bernie, and the leadership
undermined it. It was so blatant of a theft that a very large portion
of the Bernie supporters didn't vote at all, much less for Hillary in
November. We really got burned and burned bad.

And I do take offense to the "simple country folk" part. That's a
pretty bad generalization of a state that has industrialized
agriculture to a point where the typical farmer is more MBA than
Hayseed. There are a few "simple country folk" around, but not many.
Simple country folk aren't farming 2000-10000 acres. And last I
checked, there aren't too many farmers living in Des Moines and Iowa
City.

Historically, Iowa is one of the most progressive states in the
country. I could go into naming all of the things that would surprise
you. But won't.

AG Schnozz