Re: [OM] [On-topic!] OMD-EM10MkII : raw conversion

Subject: Re: [OM] [On-topic!] OMD-EM10MkII : raw conversion
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 22:18:25 -0700
On 7/19/2017 9:00 AM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
OK, so I did it and ordered the camera and 2-lens kit for my wife.  And the
JJC auto lens cap.

It's back-ordered (with a rebate) so it probably won't arrive in time for
her birthday - too bad...

But in anticipation I need to prepare her laptop.
As a regular person (i.e. not a pixel-peeping fusspot) if she does the raw
conversion in Lightroom instead of Viewer3 is it likely she'll notice any
difference?

Not if she doesn't see V3, ba-da-bum. ;-)

People who are hooked on Oly out of camera JPEGS tend to like V3. I personally prefer the default look of LR/ACR. If she's been happily using LR for her Nikon images, I imagine she will be happy with LR for Oly. Adobe strives for a consistent default Raw conversion look across brands and models.

My first line is actually kinda serious. Why provide a choice, when a program
that she's familiar with does a good job?

Moose D'Opinion