Re: [OM] It's Official

Subject: Re: [OM] It's Official
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:55:17 -0700
On 7/19/2017 2:40 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
Are there any actually documented cases of someone moving from CA to IA? Hard
to imagine, but I guess everything is possible.

We had a young guy from Calif. in HR. One thing they did in those days was send promising folks out as managers in our tiny divisions. Daryl was sent to Omaha, where he settled in very well, and was doing a great job.

When that division was being closed (whole other story), he was offered a manager spot in a larger division. He turned it down, because Omaha was his place. Wife and kids, hogs, chickens, corn and whatnot on a ranchette out of town. He was literally in Hog Heaven.

Omaha is just across the Missouri from Iowa. Tain't no difference, from here.

One of the premises of the interesting, and, I think, important book American Nations is that these highly different parts of the country have persisted so long in part because of the famed mobility of 'Murkins. People who like where they from up, stay. Those who don't, move, in search of a more simpatico place.

Different Strokes Moose