Re: [OM] OT: A Close Call

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: A Close Call
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 09:30:42 -0500
And NEVER EVER use a public phone-charging station that you connect to
with USB. NEVER EVER!!! If you need to charge your device, ALWAYS use
your own AC charger.

Let me repeat this again for those who don't understand simple English:

DO NOT plug your phone or tablet into any USB connection that you
can't see the other side of or is a trusted device!

Absolutely none of the charging stations in airports are safe.

BTW, when it comes to USB ports. A good rule of thumb is that unless
you own it and unwrapped it, don't let ANYTHING touch your USB ports.

I'm having to go through the hassle of finding out if my 2012 BMW X5
has been compromised. The NAV system in 2011-2013 BMWs were infected
through the USB ports.

AG Schnozz