[OM] seeemingly simple question....

Subject: [OM] seeemingly simple question....
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 08:00:23 -0500
I just read a news story on the web about a new 80mm Fuji lens for their med. format system. Although he couldn't calculate the effective focal length for the lens on the mf camera, he was easily able to state that as an 80/1.4 lens, it would be an f1.0 lens on the mf camera. Forgive me but I'm confused. I remember that when I was shooting large format that we considered the 5.6 lens on our 8x10 still a 5.6 lens on our 4x5. What am I missing out here? I've seen this business on the web before, but it doesn't make sense to me.