Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez,

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez,
From: brian gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:50:30 +0100
Cc: brian gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi
<I don't think anyone wants do disprove Newton. His laws of motion are correct at all speeds less than a significant % of

the speed of light. OTOH, there has been empirical proof of the different
results of Einstein's Theories that obtain at
higher speeds, but only there.>
Not strictly true.  If you use a GPS, you are relying on someone applying
General Relativity Theory to the clocks in the satellites going round the world.
And the digital sensors in our cameras are based on our current scientific
models of the universe. All such models can change or be improved, but surely
it is unwise to assume the current scientific best guess must be wrong merely
because we do not like the consequences it predicts.
Brian Gray