Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico"

Subject: Re: [OM] Science and Speculation [was "Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico" @ AGO in Toronto]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 10:07:06 -0500
I believe the theory of the "expanding universe", as well as the "Big
Bang" is disproved through empirical evidence. Both are directly
related and intrinsically linked.

Newton theorized that the universe is mostly static, with standard
soup-stirring activity moving stuff around. Newton's theory didn't
really accommodate the concept of the Big Bang. The Big Bang is a
theory designed to make us feel good about how everything had a
beginning. Einstein, Hubble, and others have built their theories
around the concept of expansion and observable limits. However, in
order to DISPROVE Newton, we have to fudge things with Cosmological
Constants and Dark Matter. Neither of which exist, except to fudge the
numbers to make things fit.

AG