Re: [OM] IBIS vs. IBIS It's only a dream.

Subject: Re: [OM] IBIS vs. IBIS It's only a dream.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 16:22:32 -0700
Masked M. Moose writes:
<<<Pretty simple, if one does masks. I did no other processing at all. Stacked
the three exposures and put gradient circle masks on the upper two. I hope this is a
clear illustration.

      <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/SIMA/HydraMix.htm>

Thanks for that.  Multiple layers with different opacities can lead to
headaches.  Adjustment layers aren't too much of a problem but others get
complicated.

Got 'em all stacked up, with different masks and opacities, then want to go on to another process? SHIFT-CTRL-ALT-E does "Stamp Visible", creating a new layer with all the effects combined, and no mask.

Oddly, "Stamp Visible" doesn't seem to be in the menus, and on-line Help seems
to agree, but I use it ALL the time.

How did you accomplish those nice white gradient circle masks?

Easy-peasy. Create a new mask and select it. Type "g", or choose the gradient tool from the tool palette. Cursor at center of desired circle, pull out as far as you want. I never remember whether it's going to be black or white, but CTRL-I switches it.

Will probably take a few tries to get the desired effect, if you've not used it
before.

I don't know if you have a screen shot of your layers.

Since you ask. :-)
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/SIMA/DSC00024-26screen.htm>

On the first one I've circled the Gradient Tool icon and the type of gradient
selection icon.
On the second, I've Stamped visible, hidden the layers below it (just to show they are no longer involved in what you see and act on), then made an overall Levels adjustment.

Rusty gradient masker, Mike

There's still stuff I don't know about them; lots of it. ;-)

Blissful I. Moose