Re: [OM] Article on Frankensteining OM-System T-10 and T-8 Ring Flashes

Subject: Re: [OM] Article on Frankensteining OM-System T-10 and T-8 Ring Flashes
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 12:39:04 -0700
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> <<<Here?s the article, with some photos:
>
> <<<https://www.mu-43.com/threads/converted-olympus-t-10-and-t-8-ring-flashes.92166/#post-1026296
>
> Can probably plug in the T28 twin flashes with full TTL as well, I suppose.

I expect they would each need a trigger transformer embedded in them, which
would make them permanently incompatible with the T Power Control. But yea, I
expect it’s doable!

There already *is* a nice twin flash for the FC-1, and of course, a brand new
OMD twin flash (that does focus bracketing/stacking).

I don’t believe the T-28 does anything the TF-22 (designed to work with the
FC-1) doesn’t do. My motivation for converting the T-10/8 ring lights was that
nothing like them existed for the OMD System.

> I wonder for Xpol if one could put pol material on the newist MFT twin flash
> heads with pol on the lens and have a home made system.

I’m sure you can!

I don’t have the “newest MFT twin flash,” but I *do* have the TF-22 (for the
FC-1), and with a tiny bit of work with a file, all the filters for the old
OM-System T-32 flash fit fabulously. The T32 filters are the right length, but
are very slightly too wide — easily solved with a hand file or a very light
touch on a belt sander with fine sandpaper on it. They’re only a fraction of a
millimetre too wide.

Long ago, I got large polarizing sheets for the Speedotron “twin lights”
mounted on my copy stand, and trimmed just the right length off to slip into
the TF-22 filter holder slots. The polarizing material is so cheap, I made two
pairs, themselves oriented at right angles to each other. They slip nicely into
a spare pocket on my T32 filter holder.