Re: [OM] Pick a Metro

Subject: Re: [OM] Pick a Metro
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 13:42:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>
     Some of the best Chinese food I've eaten was at a house restaurant in
Lubbock, just outside the east entrance of Texas Tech University.  It's easy to
find: The ass end of Will Rogers' horse points right at it.

     Funny story about that statue.  When it was first erected, the ass end of
the horse pointed dirtectly towards downtown.  The city fathers had it rotated
45 degrees clockwise shortly afterwards.
.
     My earliest national park adventures were at Big Bend and Guadelupe
Mountains, and my first white water canoe trip (very tame) was along the Rio
Grande around Big Bend.  I have some interesting stories about that trip.  The
Brazos River is a very relaxing canoe float trip.

Chris