Re: [OM] 5£ notes

Subject: Re: [OM] 5£ notes
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 09:13:18 +0200
I have a similar problem but only £20s worth, I was going to post them back to my mother to get them exchanged but some banks such as Barclays and Lloyds etc.. have said they will continue to exchange them so decided to wait until we are there in July. I would have sent them wrapped in carbon copy paper and requiring signature. Could you maybe exchange them at a local bank or foreign currency exchange although I have no idea what they would charge - oh how I miss travel cheques ;-)

I have quite a collection of old "worthless"notes and coins from travels but my most treasured is my smuggled out USSR ruble form the 80's - at that time coins were allowed to be taken out but paper money not.

IanW