[OM] Nikon scanner service and repair

Subject: [OM] Nikon scanner service and repair
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 19:43:44 -0400
Last Fall, my Coolscan V (LS-50) decided that it would preview but not scan. Looking around on the web I came across recommendations for Alex Ketzner, based in Keystone Heights, Florida. Turns out he specializes in Nikon scanners. So, this winter I sent him my unit for service and/or repair. Anyway, within 24 hr of receiving the unit, he reported that all was well (under Vuescan), and it only needed cleaning/servicing (fixed cost - US$210). Alex was easy to deal with and very helpful explaining the advantages of using Vuescan, rather than Nikon Scan.

I was happy I still had a scanner and not a large door stop, so when I got home I bit the bullet and bought Vuescan and all is good. When I tried Nikon Scan, however, the serviced unit would still not scan. Obviously, my issue was software related, not with the unit.

So, for anyone looking to service a Nikon scanner (probably mostly of interest to those in North America), you could contact Alex Ketzner at: abstudios@xxxxxxxx

Martin